We have been asked by a few people, is there a way to go from being a non-diver to being a qualified commercial level diver. Well now the answer is yes.
We will take a non-diver and train them from zero over six weeks to be an entry level commercial diver. What does that mean?
Well according to the HSE, that governs commercial diving in the UK, an entry level commercial diver is a CMAS 3. As a CMAS 3 commercial diver, you are legally allowed to work within the following fields;
- Scientific and Archaeological Diving
- Media Diving – including Actors/Actresses, Stunt personnel and presenters
- In Pools, Tanks or Aquariums;
- In support of Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Shellfish Diving
From novice to CMAS3 commercial diver in six weeks!
By the end of the course you will have achieved*;
- First Aid at Work Level3
- Health & Safety L2
- Full Face Mask qualification
And in addition, you will be rated to 50mtr depth, competent boat handler and potentially based on your competence have gained your specialist courses as follows*;
- Accelerated Decompression Procedures
- Boat Handler
- Twin Set Diver Ticket
- Mixed Gas Sports Ticket 50mtr
This course runs with a maximum of 2 people on it, but will run with just one person.
** Self Catering bunk-room is provided in the cost. **
Dates are at any time to suit you, training will be intense and evenings will be required for theory sessions. Once you have passed the Sports Diver module, you may well find yourself assisting on courses and safety diving on training for other divers to build your experience, and gain experience of diving at work. By the end of the course, you will have logged a minimum of 60 dives. *
- Part 1 = Day 1 to Day 6 – Training
- Day 7 – rest day
- Part 2 = Day 8 to 13 – Training
- Day 14 to 16 – Rest Days
- Part 3 = Day 17 – 22 – Training
- Day 23 – rest day
- Part 4 = Day 24 to 29 – Training
- Day 30 to 32 – Rest days
- Part 5 = Day 33 to 38 – Training to completion.
Full kit rental is included in the cost of the course, including log book.
All diving is carried out in a dry-suit and upon completion of the course, you get to keep the commercial dry-suit.
- Part 1, 2 and 3 will be based in South Wales
- Part 4 will be based in Orkney, Scotland (all costs included excluding food)
- Part 5 will be based in South Wales
Cost for the course is £5000 +vat
Give me a call on 07534 387152 to book your training or to discuss it more.
*depending on competence
**depending on weather and conditions