I’ve been a bit quiet recently so thought I would write an update.
I have just taken a well needed three week break and I have been away to France with my son and generally just enjoying having some down time.
This past seven months have been hectic. I stopped working for the engineering firm I was with in May and am now fully freelance. What this means is that I get more flexibility with my son, which I wasn’t getting without a fight previously, and I am available for whatever opportunities may come up.
Since stepping out, I have been flat out busy – here’s a few of things I have managed to squeeze in already;
- I spent a couple of weeks Razor fish diving under the new Scottish initiative which was great work of 16hr days, 4 to 5 dives a day, day in and day out.
- I’ve done some hand scallop diving which is great fun, but hard work when you’re trying to make money at it. I take my hat off to the divers I know who do this full time as its definitely not as easy as one would think.
- I have run an Accelerated Decompression Procedures Course for six people.
- I have run a 50mtr and a 60mtr Trimix course for a few people.
- I have run a twinset course for several people.
- I’ve had a fun personal development weekend diving out of Eyemouth
- I’ve worked on a charter for Marine Scotland doing seabed surveys on the West coast of Scotland.
- I’ve attended a week of SeaFish training courses for working on boats.
- I’ve run a boat handling course
- I’ve run a full face mask course
- I’ve run two First Aid at Work L3 courses and one Pediatric first aid course.
So its been a busy but productive time and that’s for sure.
Here’s the calendar for the next few months;
- Razor Fishing on the South West coast of Scotland – End of August, September & October
- Scapa Flow Diving – First week of September
- Marine Scotland Survey Work – September & October
- 60mtr Trimix Course – September
- First Aid at Work L3 course – September & October
- Twinset Course – October
- IANTD Training Course – September/October
- TDI Training Course – September/October
- Dive Show – Exhibiting – October
- Sea Urchin Fishing – October
- Malta Diving Week – November
- Azores Diving Week – November
- Scapa Flow 100th Anniversary of Fleet Arrival Dive Week – November
Moving forward is just as busy and looking at the calendar as shown above, I have very few dates left to fill, so if you are looking for some training and development from me, please get in touch sooner rather than later.
It would be great to catch up with as many people as I can at the dive show. I’ll be on GB12 stand, in the UK area, next to the Bar!! If you book training or my rib diving with at the show, I am offering a 10% discount, only available to bookings and deposits taken at the show!
Some dates for 2019;
- Scapa Flow Trip – 20th to 27th April 2019
- Shetland Gas Week – 20th to 27th July 2019
- Scapa Flow – 17th to 24th August 2019
- Scapa Flow – 19th to 26th October 2019
Safe diving everyone!