Boat Diving occurs every day around the world; whether is it an inland lake or in the Caribbean, South Pacific or Read Sea, divers can explore the underwater world located off-shore. Dive boats vary from small private vessels to a large live-aboard dive boats. The SDI Boat Diver Course covers the “how-to’s” of boat diving from how to board, proper boat etiquette, entry(s) and much more. The course will also introduce you to the various types of boats you may be diving from.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Boat Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Types of boats and features of those boats
- Safety features
- Exiting and boarding the boat
- Planning boat trips
- Determining necessary equipment
- Boat procedures
- Underwater navigation from a boat
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
- Plan a boat dive
- Briefing on dock before departure
- Review of boat diving procedures
- Captain’s brief and travel to dive destination
- Log dive
- Care of equipment
- Attempt to use a different types of boat s or, at least, use a different entry point from the boat during the course
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in boat diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
Also, the SDI Boat Diver Certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development program.
SDI Boat Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Boat Diver Knowledge Quests with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
To book your training please get in touch on 07534 387152 or email@example.com